Photo credit : Reuters
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get a daily dose of business and lifestyle news from NHA – News Hub Asia!
- South Korea on Wednesday (Apr 7) reported 668 new COVID-19 cases for Tuesday, the highest daily count since Jan 8 amid a rise in cluster infections, the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) said.
- The new cases bring the country’s total infections to 106,898, with 1,756 deaths, with the latest surge centred around clusters in kindergartens, saunas, bars and churches.
- More than 63 per cent of new cases were found in Seoul and neighbouring regions, including Gyeonggi province, KDCA data showed.
- Authorities said they would expand testing efforts to trace transmission nationwide through epidemiological surveys and preemptive testing.
- The country has so far administered more than a million doses of vaccine among medical workers and high-risk groups since the start of its inoculation drive in February, yet authorities face a backlash for relying on the global vaccine-sharing programme COVAX, which has run into delays.
What is your plan for crisis control? Need help managing your organization crisis? Each crisis is different, if you have a crisis contact us immediately at https://www.crisismanagementcentre.com/contact-us/
We are ready to manage your crisis.
Source: Channel News Asia