- The Philippines will prohibit the entry of foreign travellers from the United States effective Jan 3, President Rodrigo Duterte’s spokesman said on Friday (Jan 1), after the more infectious new variant of the coronavirus was detected in Florida.
- The travel ban, which will last until Jan 15, covers those who have been to the United States within 14 days preceding arrival in the Philippines, spokesman Harry Roque said in a statement.
- Passengers from the United States who arrive before Jan 3 will be allowed to enter the Philippines, but they must to undergo a 14-day quarantine even if they had initially tested negative.
- US state health officials have detected in Florida the new variant of COVID-19, which has swept through the United Kingdom, marking the third known US state to identify such a case.
- Spokesman Roque said the Office of the President decided to include the United States in the regulation on the recommendation of the health and foreign affairs departments.
What is your plan for crisis control? Need help managing your organization crisis? Each crisis is different, if you have a crisis contact us immediately at https://www.crisismanagementcentre.com/contact-us/
We are ready to manage your crisis.