Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get a daily dose of business and lifestyle news from NHA – News Hub Asia!
- Japan’s prime minister told US President Joe Biden Friday (Apr 16) that the Asian nation would do everything in its power to contain COVID-19 infections and hold a “safe and secure” Olympic Games this year.
- “Japan is listening to and learning from WHO (World Health Organization) and experts” and the country is doing its “utmost” to prepare for the Tokyo Games, Yoshihide Suga said at a joint press conference with Biden at the White House.
- “They are doing everything possible to contain infection and to realize safe and secure games from scientific and objective perspectives,” Suga said.
- “I expressed my determination to realize the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games as a symbol of global unity this summer, and President Biden once again expressed his support,” the prime minister added.
- After being postponed by a year due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Tokyo Games are due to open in July.
What is your plan for crisis control? Need help managing your organization crisis? Each crisis is different, if you have a crisis contact us immediately at https://www.crisismanagementcentre.com/contact-us/
We are ready to manage your crisis.
Source: Channel News Asia