Photo credit: AP Images
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get a daily dose of business and lifestyle news from NHA – News Hub Asia!
- Indonesian police said on Thursday (Apr 1) that they will be stepping up security at churches across the country ahead of the Easter weekend, after two recent terror attacks.
- National Police spokesman Rusdi Hartono told reporters: “In light of recent security conditions, (particularly) the incident in Makassar, the National Police has instructed police in all regions to step up their vigilance towards acts of terrorism, particularly in their operations to secure Easter celebrations.”
- A Catholic church in the city of Makassar, South Sulawesi province was the scene of a suicide bombing attack last Sunday, when a married couple riding on a motorcycle blew themselves up.
- Twenty people were injured in the blast, four of whom are still hospitalised.
- On Wednesday, a 25-year-old woman engaged in a shootout with the police the National Police headquarters in Jakarta. She fired six shots at police officers before being fatally gunned down.
What is your plan for crisis control? Need help managing your organization crisis? Each crisis is different, if you have a crisis contact us immediately at https://www.crisismanagementcentre.com/contact-us/
We are ready to manage your crisis.
Source: Channel News Asia