With the theme of ‘Promoting Inclusive Economic Development Through Sustainable Entrepreneurship‘ this year, over 200 attendees comprising industry leaders, leading entrepreneurs and dignitaries attended the awards presentation gala dinner, including Dr Fong Chan Onn, Chairman of Enterprise Asia; and Dato’ William Ng, President of Enterprise Asia.
Dr. Fong commented, “As advocates of entrepreneurship, we believe that entrepreneurship does not only provide a compelling alternative to individuals to secure their livelihood, but also serves as an important catalyst to promote economic resilience. We want to leverage this programme to recognize and honour the dedicated work done by these entrepreneurs who helped to spur economic development in Singapore.”
Being the most prestigious awards for entrepreneurship in Asia Pacific, APEA seeks to recognize Asia’s outstanding and most deserving entrepreneurs. With stringent entry criteria and rigorous judging parameters, each nominee is subjected to mandatory site audit and financial verification by audit firm, followed by a confidential ballot process by Enterprise Asia’s committee.
Kong Wan Sing, CEO & Founder of JustCo was honored to receive the APEA as they celebrated tremendous successes and established as one of the leading providers of shared co-working spaces; with 20 centres located across Southeast Asia including Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore.
“I hope this award will bring forth greater recognition for our brands and serve as a true testament of our excellence in personal service,” mentioned Amy Quek, Chief Executive Officer of Global Beauty International Pte Ltd after receiving the Award.
Wendy Huang, Chief Executive Officer of MWH Holdings Pte Ltd shared, “Thanks to Enterprise Asia for this nomination, I am truly honored. This award serves as a motivation to me and my team to bring our company to greater heights.”
According to Mr. Ng, “APEA is at the forefront in promoting the convergence of innovative entrepreneurship and professional leadership. The recipients of the APEA are not only outstanding entrepreneurs, but also demonstrated outstanding business acumen that are both sustainable and exemplary. They all uphold the highest standards of entrepreneurship, which includes allegiance to the two founding pillars of Enterprise Asia, namely Investment in People and Responsible Entrepreneurship.”
The annual Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards Singapore is now in its tenth year. This year, the committee had received 63 by-invitation only nominations in Singapore across 24 industry categories. The award recognition programme is held in 14 countries and markets every year.
RECIPIENT LIST OF ASIA PACIFIC ENTREPRENEURSHIP AWARDS 2018 SINGAPORE
- Dawn Tan, Founding Director of ADTLaw LLC for Professional & Business Services Industry
- Eric Chia, Chief Executive Officer & Founder of Advocado Pte Ltd for Telecommunications & ICT Industry
- Alan Ang Wee Tat, Managing Director of EU Holidays Pte Ltd for Hospitality, Food Service & Tourism Industry
- Amy Quek, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Global Beauty International Pte Ltd for Personal Services Industry
- Kong Wan Sing, Founder & CEO of JustCo for Professional & Business Services Industry
- Rina Neoh, Co-Founder of Mercatus Capital Pte Ltd for Financial Services Industry
- Wendy Huang, Chief Executive Officer of MWH Holdings Pte Ltd for Healthcare, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Industry
- Sam Lim Yong Sim (Lin Rongsen), Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of No Signboard Holdings Ltd for Food & Beverage Industry
- P Raja Manickam, Founder & CEO of Tessolve for Electrical & Electronics Industry
- Will Kennedy-Cooke, Managing Director (South East Asia) of WT Partnership for Professional & Business Services Industry
PR Newswire is the official regional news distribution partner of Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards 2018.
About Enterprise Asia
Enterprise Asia is a non-governmental organization in pursuit of creating an Asia that is rich in entrepreneurship as an engine towards sustainable and progressive economic and social development within a world of economic equality. Its two pillars of existence are investment in people and responsible entrepreneurship. Enterprise Asia works with governments, NGOs and other organizations to promote competitiveness and entrepreneurial development, in uplifting the economic status of people across Asia and in ensuring a legacy of hope, innovation and courage for the future generation.
Launched in 2007 the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Awards are the region’s most prestigious awards for outstanding entrepreneurship, continuous innovation and sustainable leadership. The Awards provide a platform for companies and governments to recognize entrepreneurial excellence, hence spurring greater innovation, fair business practices and growth in entrepreneurship. As a regional award, it groups together leading entrepreneurs as a powerful voice for entrepreneurship and serves as a by-invitation only networking powerhouse. The program has grown to encompass thirteen markets all over Asia.
For further information, visit www.enterpriseasia.org/APEA.